Surinder Kapoor Chowk’ inaugurated in which city in honour of Anil Kapoor’s father?
3: Almost eight years after the demise of veteran film producer and Anil Kapoor’s father, Surinder Kapoor, a chowk has been inaugurated on his name in Mumbai’s Chembur.
According to National Sample Survey Office’s (NSSO’s) periodic labour force survey (PLFS), country’s unemployment rate stood at a 45-year-high of what percent in 2017-18?
A: country’s unemployment rate stood at a 45-year-high of 6.1 per cent in 2017-18, according to the National Sample Survey Office’s (NSSO’s) periodic labour force survey (PLFS). The report is at the centre of a controversy after two National Statistical Commission (NSC) members, including acting chairman, resigned , alleging that the government had withheld its release despite the NSC’s approval.
PM Modi announced trust named ‘Sri Ram Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra trust’ for Ayodhya temple.It will comprise of how many members?
3: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday informed Parliament that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government had set up a trust, named Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra, for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Recently Defence Minister Rajnath Singh announced to create how many more Defence Attache posts?
1: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday informed Parliament that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government had set up a trust, named Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra, for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned how many food parks under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)?
2: The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned 39 mega food parks and 298 integrated cold chain projects throughout the country to fill in the gaps across the value chain and establishing the cold chain grid.
What is the rank of India on GIPC’s 8th International Intellectual Property (IP) Index for 2020?
D:India has been ranked 40th out of 53 countries on a global intellectual property index released by Global Innovation Policy Center or GIPC of the US Chambers of Commerce.
According to Finance Ministry,how many bank accounts opened under PMJDY till January 2020?
- A)45 cr
- B)35 cr
- C)25 cr
- D)38 cr
D: According to Minister of state for Finance,Anurag Thakur around 38 Crore bank accounts have been opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), till January 2020, Minister of State for Finance- announced.
The government of India with which body launched India-Central Asia Business Council?
- A)NITI Aayog
3: The Modi government and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) together launched India-Central Asia Business Council.
The Senior Women’s National Weightlifting Championships 2020 is being held in which city?
2: In Senior Women’s National Weightlifting Championships, Rakhi Halder of Bengal has bagged gold in the 64kg category of the 35th edition of the event in Kolkata.
Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Hockey India announced the establishment of the High Performance Centres in how many places?
3: Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Hockey India on announced the establishment of the High Performance Centres in seven places under the Khelo India scheme across the country to provide state-of-the-art facilities to junior and sub-Junior players.
Who will be the new ambassador of the children protection fund that has been created by Prince Prince Charles?
- A)Kristina Grego
- B)Justin Bieber
- C)Ar Rehman
- D)Katy Perry
4: Britain’s Prince Charles has unveiled a new children’s protection fund for India as part of British Asian Trust, the charity founded by him in 2007 to fight poverty in South Asia.
Who has been appointed brand ambassador for the country’s steel giant JSW Steel?
- A)Rohit Sharma
- B)KL Rahul
- C)Rishabh Pant
- D)Virat Kohli
3: Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant has been appointed brand ambassador for the country’s steel giant JSW Steel.
Recently which World Bank chief economist announced his/her resignation?
- A)Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg
- B)Jin Liqun
- C)Takehiko Nakao
- D)Xi Shiang
1: World Bank chief economist Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg announced she will be leaving the institution from March 1,2020 following a controversy over the World Bank’s statistical methods.
Jeff Weiner announced his plans to step down.He was the former CEO of which company?
2: LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner announced his plans to step down from the position on June 1 and become executive chairman.
Recently Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray presented an award to which journalist for his contribution to journalism?
- A)Ravish Kumar
- B)Ravinder Chaturvedi
- C)Ramesh Nishank
- D)Dinkar Keshav Raikar
4: Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray presented an award to senior journalist Dinkar Keshav Raikar for his contribution to journalism.
Who has retained the top position of being the most valuable celebrity brand in the Duff & Phelps’ celebrity brand valuation report?
- A)Amitabh Bachchan
- B)MS Dhoni
- C)Virat Kohli
- D)Akshay Kumar
3: For the third consecutive year, Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has retained the top position of being the most valuable celebrity brand in the Duff & Phelps’ celebrity brand valuation report
Recently Kirk Doughlas passed away.He was related to which field?
- C)Social Activist
- D)Film Director
1: Kirk Douglas, renowned actor and father of Hollywood actor Michael Douglas, who had a decorated career spanning over six decades, passed away. He was 103.
SAI, Hockey India launch high performance centres
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Hockey India announced on February 6, 2020 that they will be setting up seven High Performance Centres across the country. The centres will provide state-of-the-art facilities to junior and sub-Junior hockey players.
- The move is aimed at grooming young talent keeping in mind the 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games. Hockey India will be monitoring the centres. High Performance Directors will also be appointed.
- The centres will be established under the Khelo India scheme. The centres will provide expert professional training, utilization of sports science and education of the youngsters. The programme will also aim to provide the athletes with international exposure.
- While four centres including the National Hockey Academy at Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi, SAI Sundergarh in Odisha, SAI UDMCC in Bhopal and SAI Bengaluru will be active within the next three months, the remaining three centres will be developed over the next year.
Madhya Pradesh to deploy drones to map villages
- The Madhya Pradesh state government has decided to deploy drones to map villages. This will be the first time that drone technology is used to make maps in the state.
- Till now, all the land survey work in the satet was either done manually or with the help of satellite images.
- The map of the population area will be created on a scale of 1: 500, which will help a clearer picture of the population area. Around 55000 villages have been selected for mapping.
- The state’s revenue department signed an agreement with the Survey of India for the same on February 6, 2020.
Chandrakant Mali creates three records in men’s 109kg title victory
- Indian weightlifter Chandrakant Mali created three records in men’s 109kg category on the concluding day of the National Championships at Kolkata on February 7, 2020.
- Mali convincingly won the gold, while Ankit Chhoker and VA Christopher won silver and bronze respectively.
- S Mirabai Chanu (women’s 49kg) and Jeremy Lalrinnunga (men’s 67kg) were adjudged as ‘Best Lifters’ at the Championships.
Indian women’s hockey team cancels tour of China
- The Indian women's hockey team has cancelled its tour of China due to the deadly outbreak of Novel coronavirus.
- The Hockey India federation will now have to find an opponent to compete with India as part of its preparation for the upcoming Olympic Games.
- The task is difficult as most of the other top teams are unavailable due to their participation in the FIH Pro- Hockey League. The Indian women's team was supposed to travel to China from March 14 to 25.
Rakhi Halder wins gold at National Weightlifting Championships
- Rakhi Halder has won the gold medal in 64 kg category at the senior women’s National Weightlifting Championships in Kolkata. This is the Championship’s 35th edition.
- Rakhi Halder had performed her personal best of 218 kg at the Qatar International Cup in 2019 to bag the bronze medal. She is ranked at the 19th position in the Olympic qualifiers list.
- Halder is an Indian Railways employee and she had won the gold medal with a total lift of 214 kg at the Commonwealth Championship in June 2019.
Meerabai Chanu sets new National Record in weightlifting
- Meerabai Chanu, former world champion, won the gold medal in 49 kg category of the National Weightlifting Championship. She lifted 203 kg in the national weightlifting championship.
- She lifted 88 kg in her second attempt in snatch while she lifted 115 kg in clean and jerk as a total of 203 kg.
- Meerabai has moved up to fourth place after China's Jiang Huihua (212 kg) and How Xihui (211 kg) and Korea's Ri Song Gum (209 kg) in the world rankings.
Cabinet approves Alliance Air to operate India-Sri Lanka flights
- Alliance Air will be able to start airline between India and Sri Lanka. This approval has been given for an interim period up to the deployment of a minimum of 20 aircraft.
- The proposal to introduce flights from the southern part of the country to the Palali and Batticaloa metropolises (northern and eastern Sri Lanka) is important for India's political and strategic interests.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar announced that India and Sri Lanka are closely linked with each other and the relationship between the two countries is expanding.
Virat Kohli’s brand value increases by 39%: Duff and Phelps
- Virat Kohli has been at number one in the celebrity brand valuation list for the third consecutive year. His brand value is USD 237.5 million (about Rs 1691 crore).
- According to a report Duff & Phelps, Akshay Kumar is second in this list. His brand value is USD 104.5 million.
- Deepika Padukone has slipped to number three. Her brand value is USD 93.5 million. There are 4 cricketers in the top-20 celebrity of this list. Apart from Virat Kohli, it includes the names of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma.
Supreme Court panel recommendations on prison reforms
- The Justice Amitava Roy (retd.) Committee has submitted its report on recommendations to reform prisons. The committee was constituted by Supreme Court of India in 2018.
- According to the report, India has 1341 functional prisons as on November 30, 2018. The report mentioned that total population of prisoners is 4.68 lakh while sanctioned strength is 3.83 lakh.
- There are seven states in India – Delhi, Meghalaya, Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Sikkim have an occupancy rate of 150 percent.
India slips to 40th position in Intellectual Property Index
- India slips to 40th position in International Intellectual Property (IP) Index. This information has been given in the report of the Global Innovation Policy Center of the American Chamber of Commerce.
- This index measures the intellectual property environment of 53 economies of the world. Last year, India was ranked 36th.
- The United States, Britain, Sweden, France and Germany are present on the first five positions. The report said that India has made good progress towards strong IP protection but the work is not yet complete.
The Banker named Shaktikanta Das as Central Banker of the Year 2020-Asia-Pacific
- Financial intelligence magazine, The Banker, has been named Shaktikanta Das as the Central Banker of the year 2020 for the Asia-Pacific Region.
- He has been selected for this honor because of measures taken by him. The Banker said that Shaktikanta Das has tightened the rules against shadow banking.
- The Banker also said that the banking system of India faced various challenges during this period but Shaktikanta Das has taken various steps to bring Indian banks up to the standards.
L&T MBDA Missile System sets up integration facility in Tamil Nadu
- L&T MBDA Missile Systems (LTMMSL) has recently established a missile integration facility in Coimbatore city in Tamil Nadu.
- LTMMSL is a joint venture between Larsen & Toubro and the European defense company MBDA. The facility is spread over an area of 16,000 square meters.
- It has been constructed in the Special Economic Zone where weapons will be manufactured for the domestic and global markets. L&T has a stake in the joint venture, while the remaining 49% is held by MBDA.
Cancer cases can rise to 81 percent by 2040
- According to the report published by the World Health Organisation on World Cancer Day (February 04) that cancer cases can rise to 81 percent by 2040.
- WHO believes that more investments required in this field. It is important to bring an investment of USD 25 billion in the next decade to bring down the mortality rate.
- WHO report also highlighted that tobacco is the biggest reason behind cancer cases. WHO report informs that 25 percent of cancer deaths happen due to tobacco.
Shreyas Iyer becomes first Indian No.4 to hit ODI hundred outside India in four years
- Indian batsman Shreyas Iyer has become the first No. 4 player to hit more than 100 runs out of the country in four years.
- Iyer scored 103 runs out of 107 balls helped the team India to set up a target of 348 runs for the host country New Zealand.
- Earlier, in 2016, Manish Pandey scored 104 runs against Australia. Former Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh is only No. 4 batsman to hit ODI 100 from the No. 4 position.
Longest-serving president of Kenya passes away
- Daniel Arap Moi, longest-serving Kenyan President, passes away on February 04, 2020. He was 95. Current President Uhuru Kenyatta announced his death.
- He ruled Kenya from 1978 to 2002 amid political repression, economic stagnation and corruption. He gained the support of Western countries due to anti-communist policies during the Cold War.
- Moi won five consecutive elections. He was elected unopposed in 1979, 1983 and 1988, while multilateral elections were held in 1992 and 1997. In both of these elections, the opposition was divided and disorganized.
Rajnath Singh addresses Third Defence Attaches Conference
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has announced to form 10 new defence units to expand the horizon of defense diplomacy.
- Rajnath Singh said that India has showcased the world that it can destroy and deter terrorist groups and their patrons. Defence Minister said that the govt of India has adopted pro-active measures to promote peace in the region.
- The Defence Minister also said that India is expanding its defence cooperation outside its boundaries. He stressed the requirement to be more focused to secure India’s interests.
APEDA-CFTRI Sign MoU for Liason Office in Guwahati
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) and Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) recently signed an MoU to establish a liaison office in Guwahati.
- This liaison office will promote organic agriculture and promote exports and food processing. First International Buyer-seller Conference was organized in 2019 in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India in December 1985 through the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act.
Sri Lanka ranks first in Breast Feeding support Policies
- According to the survey, conducted by the World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative (WBTi), Sri Lanka has ranked first among 97 countries on breastfeeding supporting policies and programs.
- As per the survey results, Sri Lanka has showcased top-level determination toward nutrition and health of mother and child.
- Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India developed the data and launched the record worldwide. About 120 countries have been included in WBTi while 97 countries have completed assessments.
India develops a vaccine to control classical swine fever
- Uttar Pradesh-based ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) has developed a new vaccine to control classical swine fever. This fever is believed as a highly contagious fatal pig disease.
- According to the media reports, this vaccine will be cheaper than the earlier one. It may cost about Rs. 2 per dose while the existing vaccine costs Rs. 15-20 per dose.
- India needs to control this disease because it is responsible for the annual loss of Rs. 4.29 billion. India requires about 20 million doses while only 1.20 million doses are available in the country.
Highest-resolution image of the Sun released
- Inouye Solar Telescope of National Science Foundation (USA) has recently released a highest-resolution image of the sun. It is the high detailed image of the Sun’s surface.
- The image captured the activity occurring on the Sun’s surface. According to the science report, the image is showing boiling plasma on the surface of the Sun.
- The report released by the National Science Foundation informed that each of the cells is rising and falling because of heat from the inner core of the Sun.
Five locations to be developed as 'Iconic Sites'
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her 2nd Budget Speech 2020 announced that five Indian archeological locations will be developed as ‘iconic sites’ in 2020-21. These sites will be Hastinapur (Uttar Pradesh); Rakhigarhi (Haryana); Dholavira (Gujarat); Adichanallur (Tamil Nadu) and Sivasagar (Assam). All these sites will have their own Museums.
Coronavirus Updates: India reports its third positive case in Kerala
- India on February 3, 2020 confirmed its 3rd case of Coronavirus in Kerala. The patient arrived from the Wuhan city of China, where the Coronavirus outbreak took place. The patient is kept under observation as of now. Till date, over 350 people have lost their life due to Coronavirus in China.
Pakistan declares national emergency to battle massive locusts attack
- Pakistan's PM Imran Khan declared a national emergency to fight the massive locusts’ attack that has destroyed the entire fields in Pakistan’s Punjab province. The country requires the funds of Rs 730 crore to overcome this loss. Locusts are a type of tropical insects that can fly and their attack can easily spoil millions of hectares of land in a few minutes.
Old & New Income Tax Slabs 2020: Check Difference here
- Union Budget 2020-21 introduced new income regime for 2020-21 FY. The new regime adds new income slabs and removes over 70 exemptions offered in old tax slabs. Know the difference between new and old income tax slabs here.
Brexit: Britain formally leaves European Union after 47 years
- The United Kingdom ended its 47 years long membership of the European Union by officially leaving the group on January 31, 2020. Britain is the first nation to leave the EU. The Brexit gained momentum in June 2016 when the people of Britain voted to exit the European Union in a referendum.
Government provides permission for WiFi on flights
- The Union Government has issued a notification that provides permission to use WiFi on flights. A gadget notification of the amended aircraft law has been issued recently. Now, passengers will be able to get WiFi services during their flight journey.
- It has been said that the pilot-in-command can give his permission to use mobile phone in the flight. The Director-General of Aviation can also give the necessary guidelines for this.
- Now, travelers can also enjoy live streaming, cricket matches, social media messaging services like WhatsApp and Facebook. However, it has not yet decided how much passengers will have to pay for it.
Rajeev Suri to step down as Nokia CEO
- Nokia President and CEO Rajiv Suri will step down from his current position on August 31, 2020. However, Suri will continue to serve as an advisor to the Nokia board until 1 January 2021. Pekka Lundmark will take over his position in the place of Suri.
- At present, Pekka Lundmark is working as the President and CEO of the French power company Fortum.
- Suri had earlier indicated to the board that he is considering stepping down of the company. However, he emphasized the implementation of a concrete succession plan for this.
First railway restaurant ‘Restaurant on Wheels’
- Indian Railways started its first railway restaurant "Restaurant on Wheels" at Asansol railway station for the use of its passengers and common people there. This restaurant has been developed by renovating two old coaches.
- This restaurant on wheels will not only facilitate passengers at Asansol station but also increase Indian Railway’s non-fare revenue up to Rs 50 lakh in the next five years.
- The first compartment will provide tea and snacks while the second compartment will give breakfast and lunch. The restaurant will offer a variety of dishes including both vegetarian and non-vegetarian rolls and biryani.
Punjab bans online food orders without hygiene rating
- The Punjab government has decided to ban online food supply from all hotels, dhabas, and eateries etc which do not follow the hygiene rating rules under the Food Standards and Safety Act, Punjab.
- The government has also issued instructions to online food supply companies (OFSAs) not to take food from shops that do not follow government rules.
- The order states that Uber, Swiggy, Zomato, Panda any many other food business operators in Punjab deliver food online. This is a new way of delivering food through an IT-based platform, which provides food at home.
First Khelo India University Games concludes
- India's fast runner Dutee Chand won her second gold medal at the Khelo India University Games. She was representing Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology and took 23.66 seconds.
- The Punjab University of Chandigarh won the title and became the winner at the conclusion of Khelo India University Games
- Panjab University, Chandigarh won 46 medals including 17 gold, 19 silver, and 10 bronze. On the other hand, Savitribai Phule Pune University secured the second position while Punjabi University, Patiala was announced as the second runner up.
Q1. Who among the following has been appointed as new member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI? - Janak Raj
Q2. Indian women’s team captain____________________ became the 1st-ever hockey player worldwide to win the prestigious ‘World Games Athlete of the Year’ award 2019. - Rani Rampal
Q3. How much grant announced by google to promote news literacy among Indians? - 1-million USD
Q4. Who among the following theatre artiste of India will receive the prestigious French honour of ‘Chevalier dans lOrdre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) for her outstanding contribution to the field of theatre? - Sanjana Kapoor
Q5. Irish composer _______________ will be the first woman to conduct an orchestra at the Oscars guest-segment. – Eimear Noone
Q6. 9th edition of joint military exercise between Indian and Bangladesh Army will be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya. What is the name of exercise? - Sampriti
Q7. Who among the following is the head of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI? - Shaktikant Das
Q8. What is the name of Famous social worker, environmentalist, educationist & writer who has passed away recently? - Tushar Kanjilal
Q9. In India, World Leprosy Day is observed on _______ every year. - January 30
Q10. What is the theme of World Leprosy Day 2020? - Leprosy isn’t what you think
Govt Job Posts provided One Line current affairs for the convenience of the users.
• The Central Government has increased the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from Rs 25,000 per month to Rs 31,000 per month, increasing the research fellowship to Ph.D. students.
• The IIT team that tested the device that makes electricity from the river stream - IIT-Roorkee
• Union Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore launched a solar power plant in Adarsh Vidya Mandir in the state of Kotputli - Rajasthan
• Union Tourism Minister K.J. Alphons inaugurated the first indigenous philosophy project in Sikkim
• The country ranked 78 in the 'Global Corruption Perception Index' released by Transparency International - India
• The writer who was recently given the Shrilal Shukla Smriti Sahitya Samman - Ramdhari Singh Diwakar
• The state government that has decided to open 1,00 gaushalas in the next four months in the state under 'Project Gaushala' - Madhya Pradesh
• The Interim Budget for the year 2019 will be presented by whom is the name - Piyush Goyal
• The international organization through which India has signed an agreement to participate in the International Student Assessment Program (PISA) -2021 - OECD
• Shared Digital Currency launched by UAE and Saudi Arabia is named - Aber
1. India’s Gita Sabharwal has been appointed as the UN Resident Coordinator in which nation?
India’s Gita Sabharwal was appointed as the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Thailand on January 29, 2020. The UN Resident Coordinators, designated representatives of the UN Secretary-General, are the highest-ranking representatives of the UN’s country-level development system.
2. When is World Leprosy Day observed every year?
a) 25th January
b) 26th February
c) 10th January
d) 30th January
(d) 30 January
The World Leprosy Eradication Day is observed annually across the globe on January 30. The day was chosen by the World Health Organisation as a tribute to the Mahatma Gandhi, who was assassinated on January 30, 1948. Mahatma Gandhi had a compassion for the people affected with leprosy.
3. Whose death anniversary is observed on January 30?
a) Indira Gandhi
b) Mahatma Gandhi
c) Bhagat Singh
d) Subhas Chandra Bose
Answer: (b) Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi's Martyrdom day is observed annually on January 30. He was killed by Nathuram Godse on this day in January 1948. This year India is observing the 72nd death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
4. The Indian Navy launched which operation to help cyclone hit Madagascar?
a) Operation Vanilla
b) Operation Gems
c) Operation Water
d) Operation Candy
(a) Operation Vanilla
The Indian Navy recently launched 'Operation Vanilla' to help Madagascar after a severe cyclone hit the country. About 92,000 people have been affected by the natural disaster in Madagascar.
5. Which Indian city has the world’s worst traffic, as per the Global Traffic Index?
a) New Delhi
Bengaluru topped the list of Global Traffic Index recently released by a Netherlands-based global provider of navigation. According to the results, a commuter in Bengaluru spent 243 hours in traffic while driving during peak hours in 2019.
6. Which Indian state recently reported first confirmed case of Coronavirus?
a) West Bengal
The government of India has released a press statement that Kerala has reported first confirmed case of Coronavirus. The patient of Novel Coronavirus is being kept in isolation in a hospital.
7. Which nation is the second biggest weapon producer after the US, as per SIPRI annual report?
According to the annual report on weapons by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), China is the second biggest weapon producer country after the United States. China has surpassed Russian companies.
8. Which Parliament has deferred its vote on anti-CAA resolution?
a) UK Parliament
b) US House of Representatives
c) European Parliament
d) UN General Assembly
(c) European Parliament
The European Parliament decided not conduct a vote on a resolution against India's new citizenship law on January 30, 2020. The deferment of the voting on the Citizenship Amendment Act is a diplomatic victory for India.