The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has provided an online as well as offline process to update its address in the Aadhaar card. Through this you can get the address mentioned in your Aadhar card corrected or updated. It is mandatory to get your mobile number registered with Aadhaar card to update or correct the address online.
How to correct or update the existing address in Aadhaar card online?
- Login to the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on 'Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal'.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and captcha code. Click on 'OTP' to get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Now tick 'Address' in 'Data Update Request' and click on 'Submit'.
- Scan and upload the necessary self-attested documents.
- After this process you will be given a number through which you can track the update status of your address. This status can be checked through the Aadhar Card update status link.
How to correct or update the existing address in the Aadhar card by going to the enrollment center?
You can update both Demographics and Biometrics by visiting the nearest enrollment center. Demographics include name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and e-mail, while biometrics include fingerprints, photographs, and retinal scans.
You can check the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center on the official website of UIDAI. Do not forget to carry all the proofs of your identity and address and photocopy with you. Let us know that the updation of online Aadhaar is free, but if you update your Aadhaar details at the Aadhaar Enrollment Center, then you will have to pay 25 rupees as fee.
Validate the aadhar number of any person with our verification hot links
How to correct or update existing address in Aadhaar card by post?
- Go to the official website of UIDAI. Download and download the Aadhaar Card Update Form.
- Tick the address in this form and fill all the necessary details.
- After filling the form, post it to any of the addresses given below:
UIDAI Post Box No.10 Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh- 480001
UIDAI Post Box No. 99 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad- 500034
According to the UIDAI website, the updation of Aadhaar card details can take up to 90 days. You can track the status of your application online through the official website of UIDAI. You can download your updated e-Aadhaar by clicking on Download Aadhaar option from the official website of UIDAI.